The Bock Family Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A birthday on the bay

I was lucky enough to spend a good chunk of my birthday last Friday with Natalee's class on the O'Neill Sea Odyssey in Santa Cruz Bay. It was amazing - the best field trip I've ever been on. Team O'Neill has a catamaran that they take private groups out into the bay. For the school groups, they do research in three areas: ecology, marine biology and navigation. Here are some highlights of what the day looked like. The girls, getting ready to get on the bus - yes, the sun was just coming up. Is she cute or what?! This "little" fella was standing on the roof of the shop, watching us embark.

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

Yes, she's cute! What fun it looks like you had, and Happy Birthday a little late, I should know by now!

SLO Rober said...

What a cool field trip! There are some times when I think, man! Natalee looks like Kurt! But in this post, there is one shot of her where she looks just like you!