The Bock Family Blog

Monday, September 1, 2008

Our busy Labor Day Weekend

The highlight was Gehrig's last gymnastics performance at the Tapestry of Art show in downtown San Jose on Saturday. He and his buddy were the only ones from the team that showed up, so they were a bit stymied for how to start the routine - their little teammate (mother hen type) wasn't there to start them out! He was glad that was over. I thought he was going to throw up - he was so nervous! Then we had a really enjoyable time with the kids at the Creativity Center, with free arts & crafts. Natalee loved the hieroglyphic cartouche printing (courtesy the Rosicrusian Egyptian Museum and Planetarium , Gehrig loved the mask making with feathers and paper bags and both kids learned how to make good 'ol god's eyes. I spent about $10 in yarn and Popsicle sticks that evening and they were busy all weekend making god's eyes of all kinds! Here you can see a picture of her new hair cut. On Monday, I hustled to finish the quilt that Natalee and I had started for the St. Jude Children's Hospital Quilt of Dreams Promotion. When she went to turn it in today, they gave her a thank you letter and coupon for 10% off her entire purchase. She chose a bedazzler that was already marked down 50%! She was so pleased. The manager of the store asked her if she was going to bedazzle her daddy's football! (Anybody seen Gameplan?)The quilt design was a giant checkerboard in the middle. We made rice-filled checkers in a pouch to go with it. I think some child at St. Jude's will have fun with that. Today, we got together with the Wendt's and, per Kurt's request, we made ice cream. Yum!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I can't keep up with it all. You've been extremely busy haven't you.

I couldn't see the eyes very well, so you should post a picture of the end product.

Also, what are the ingredients for homemade ice cream?

Mae said...

You have outdone yourself with that quilt! I KNOW some kid is going to love that quilt.

I love Nanny's new do! Every picture Grandma Faye sees of Nat, she always says, "She is so photogenic!" I love Nat would like to hear that.

Grandma Caroline said...

What a fun weekend, you are amazing with all you can fit into one holiday! Way to go mom!

Anonymous said...

You have been so busy, I love the little quilt it looks really good. I am jealous I have no time to quilt anymore due to work. ;-( Trin will be jealous when she finds out Natalee has time with horses. You are awesome!!