
Here's Gehrig with his kindergarten class (Thanks, Sue, for the great photo - I figured it would be OK to copy it since my kiddo was in it!) There were 14 boys and 5 girls in his class. Below is the picture of the quilt I presented to his teacher, Mrs. Romero, at the end of the year for her energy and tenacity. On the label I wrote, "Boys Rule, Girls Drool". His teacher was amazing with them. She just saw what she had and took them from there. There was amazing growth. No readers at the start of the year and now they all are reading!
7 comments:
That's so great when they get a good K teacher, learning to read early is such a blessing and I love the quilt you gave her.
You are such an amazing quilter! Congratulations on kindergarten graduation!
lol, congrat to all, I think you meant "couldn't" in the title though.
:)
I love that kid. He such an easy going fun kid. And love the quilt. One of these days we are going to get together and I'll learn some quilting skills from you. How 'bout when I turn 40? Is that too far out to plan?
Ryan, thanks for the post, but I really meant "could"...as in, who allowed that to happen! I was hoping he could stay a baby forever - especially since he's got to be the last one for us.
Who said my baby niece Nanny could be going into 4th grade?! And learning about Fractions! (gasp, horror!)
G is a maturity conundrum to me. He's still my little cuddly G but then pops off with a germain, adult comment!
You may use any picture that I have and you know that I have plenty! That was the panoramic picture that I made for Miss Mina. You should have a copy on the CD that I made. It was in G's bag o' goodies from the last day of school. Let me know if you didn't get it. Also, as always I love your quilts!!
Post a Comment